Great chemistry for over 85 years.
When J. Robinson (Bob) Silver, Jr. founded Akron Chemical Company in 1929, he launched a business that would stand the test of time. The company today known as Akrochem Corporation is a major player in the development, marketing and distribution of compounding materials and color concentrates to the rubber and plastics industry. A lot has changed since 1929, but much remains the same.
Under continuous ownership by the Silver Family, Akrochem is now led by the founder’s grandson, Walt Silver as Chairman, and great-grandson, Jay Silver as President & CEO. Along the way, there have been other family leaders, great alliances and remarkable growth.
Highlights include the establishment of the affiliated Revlis Corporation in 1971, the introduction of thermoplastic color concentrates in 1982, the addition of an 85,000 sq. ft. distribution center in 1993, along with a 40,000 sq ft. addition in 2007. Akrochem received its ISO Certification in 1998 and Revlis in 2009. In 2012 Akrochem qualified for membership in The National Association of Chemical Distributors, NACD. In 2013 Akrochem relocated its Corporate Headquarters to Embassy Parkway in Fairlawn, Ohio.
Through all the changes, the company has never swayed from its dedication to building business relationships based on great chemistry, technical expertise and service. The commitment remains the same, and always will.